2011 will mark the 400th anniversary of the King James Version of the Bible. This is simply amazing. If you are a Christian and an English speaker you should be grateful for it because it was a huge breakthrough in its day. That doesn’t mean you have to use it because let’s just face it, speaking in “thees” and thou arts” can get confusing.
A friend sent me an article stating that the King James Version (KJV) is the only true English version. At first a laughed and then I had to read it because I love to torture myself. I am not going to list the writer because I don’t want to attack a specific person. Many people hold this belief and although I wholeheartedly disagree with them, I will try to respect their opinion. So here we go, “9 Reasons Why the KJV is THE Word of God.” From here on out my words will be italicized and in red… I will be forced to cut out a majority of the article so if you want to read it leave a comment with your email and I will send it to you.
1. Because God always translates perfectly. Scholars insist that the KJV cannot be infallible, because it is “only a translation. [However], a translation CAN be perfect, if God is involved in the translating.When the New Testament writers would quote the Old Testament they had to translate from Hebrew to Greek. So, if a translation cannot be infallible, then even the NT in the ‘original Greek isn’t infallible, because it contains translations from the Hebrew text!
2. Because it produces good fruit.God had the KJV translated for the purpose of bringing forth fruit, and it has been obedient to the call. The greatest preachers of the past four centuries have been King James Bible believers. I love this next part…The new translations produce EVIL fruit. The modern perversions of scripture are producing infidels who do not even know what the word of God is, much less where to find it. The new translations produce spiritual babies who are totally incapable of discussing Bible doctrine. The new versions produce NEWER versions, which produce MONEY for the publishers, and I Timothy 6:10 tells us that the love of MONEY is the root of all EVIL. Never mind the fact that the KJV is the numer 3 highest selling version of the Bible and probably number 1 of all time.
3. Because all new translations compare themselves to the KJV. Those who oppose the KJV are unsure of themselves, for they have no Final Authority; so they despise those of us who DO have an Authority. They’re unstable, insecure, dishonest, and very inconsistent. They’re all TERRIFIED of One Book, the KJV, and they’ll stop short of nothing in their efforts to rid the Body of Christ of that Book. The KJV is the word of God, because it’s the standard which all others use for comparison.
4. Because of the time in history in which it was translated. The Kings James Bible was not translated during the apostate and lukewarm Laodicean church period, like the new translations. The Laodicean period is the last church period before the Second Coming of Christ. One can clearly see that we are living in the Laodicean period today by simply comparing modern churches to the church of Revelation 3:14-22. This lukewarm period began toward the end of the 1800’s and will continue until Christ returns. The [KJV], however, was translated LONG BEFORE the Laodicean churches appeared. It was this church that the Lord Jesus COMMENDED for KEEPING HIS WORD (Rev. 3:8-10)!
I am really trying hard not to be mean here. Let’s just keep going.
5. Because of the manuscript evidence. Ninety-five percent of all evidence SUPPORTS the text of the King James Authorized Version. Yea, and 89.6 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. [The new versions] come from Alexandria, Egypt, and Rome. We don’t need an Egyptian version, for Egypt is a type of the WORLD in the Bible. God called His people OUT of Egypt (Exod. 3:14), and God called His Son out of Egypt (Hos. 11:1 with Matt. 2:13-15). Why, the Bible says that “every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians” in Gen. 46:34, and the Lord Jesus Christ is called a SHEPHERD in Acts 6:9. So we don’t need a “bible” from Alexandria Egypt.Then there’s the Roman text, also called the “Western Text.” We can also do without a Roman “bible”, because it was ROMAN soldiers who nailed our Lord to the cross.
This is unbelievable… Shoddy scholarship at best.
6. Because it exalts the Lord Jesus Christ. A REAL Bible will testify of the Lord Jesus Christ. The true word of God will always EXALT Jesus Christ, and it will NEVER attack His Deity, His Virgin Birth, His Blood Atonement, His Bodily Resurrection, His Glorious Second Coming, or any other doctrines concerning His Person. However, the new versions attack ALL of the fundamental doctrines concerning the Lord Jesus Christ at one time or another. He never clarifies but I wonder what he means by “new versions.” I have never read a “new version” that would deny any of these things.
He lists several other reasons that I will briefly list:
7. Because the KJV translators believed they were handling the very words of God.
8. Because the KJV translators were honest in their work.
9. Because No one has ever proven that the KJV is not God’s word.
Perhaps a lot of this could be cleared up if we knew what the writer meant by “new versions,” but he does challenge the reader to compare any version to select verses from the KJV and see how they attack the Lord Jesus Christ. I don’t see it and I disagree. I have resolved not to be mean but please feel free to be brutally honest.